Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer arrived on Netflix on January 13th, 2021 but just what songs feature in the series’ chilling soundtrack?
Netflix has become the bona fide home of true-crime documentaries in recent years and their newest arrival, Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer, seems to be another hit.
However, no film, TV series or true-crime documentary is complete with music and the same can be said for Night Stalker.
But just what songs feature in the docuseries and who composed its chilling score?
- READ MORE: How Richard Ramirez’s teeth almost got him caught
Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer on Netflix
Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer released on Netflix on January 13th, 2021.
The four-episode series details the various stages in the hunt for Richard Ramirez.
The serial killer, dubbed the Night Stalker, went on a murderous rampage in Los Angeles and California in the mid-1980s that saw him convicted of 13 murders.
Netflix: Night Stalker soundtrack
Each episode of Netflix’s Night Stalker features a song or two to set the tone of the events on screen.
The songs used throughout the series include:
- Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen – used in the opening montage of episode 1.
- Our Darkness by Anne Clark – used over the closing scenes and end credits of episode 2
- Una Palabra by Carlos Varela – used in the opening montage in episode 3
- An unknown folk song – used in the opening moments of episode 4, features the lyrics “All my days, I’ve been coming up with ways, to make you mine.”
- Cruel Summer by Think Up Anger ft. Malia J – used in the series’ trailer
Night Stalker’s chilling score
While there are songs that appear throughout Night Stalker, most of the music we hear is the bone-chilling score.
This ominous and atmospheric score was composed by Brooke and Will Blair.
The brotherly duo has been working together on film and TV scores since the mid-2000s and have worked on almost 50 projects together.
Their most recognisable work has come in the likes of Blue Ruin, 2015’s Green Room, as well as the Netflix films, Hold the Dark, I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore and Small Crimes.
Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer is available to stream now on Netflix after releasing on January 13th, 2021.